Here are a few excerpts from a great article from dōTERRA regarding the benefits of staying hydrated.
Hydration Help: Cleanse, Detoxify, and Refresh by Adding Essential Oils to Your Drinking Water
Although most of us will agree staying hydrated is important, it can be difficult to consume the daily recommended amount (roughly 3.0 liters for men and 2.2 for women). Why? Because people are busy, and for some, water may seem boring. The sad reality is there are many people who drink soda instead of water, which can in turn lead to major health consequences, such as obesity, kidney damage, and elevated blood pressure.1
6 Reasons why water is so important for our bodies:
2. Water can help control calories.
3. Water helps energize muscles.
4. Water helps keep skin looking good.
5. Water helps your kidneys.
6. Water helps maintain normal bowel function.
Without enough water, we experience dehydration.
There’s more though—adding essential oils to your drinking water provides antioxidants that help support the cleansing organs and their natural processes to remove even more toxins out of your body. The result—you feel good! Citrus essential oils (lemon, lime, grapefruit, and wild orange) are some of the most preferred to add to water because of their pleasant taste. Citrus essential oils are also high in antioxidants. In a study4, lemon and grapefruit essential oils came in 4th and 5th as essential oils exhibiting high antioxidant activity (lavender was 1st).
Tips to Help You Drink More Water:
- Have a glass of water with every snack and meal.
- Add 1-2 drops of your favorite citrus essential oil to your water for a fresh and invigorating flavor.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Their high water content will add to your hydration. About 20% of our fluid intake comes from foods.
- Keep a bottle of water with you in your car, at your desk, or in your bag
To view the complete article, please visis: http://doterrablog.com/hydration-help-cleanse-detoxify-and-refresh-by-adding-essential-oils-to-your-drinking-water/
Order doTERRA oils HERE!